httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: mod-rewrite - moving a website ....
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 04:29:14 GMT

> From: Jon Shoberg [mailto:jshoberg@cbd.net]

> This should do it ! Thanks :)
>
> I would like it applied to every static .html URL from the server root.
> This worked great, but is there a way to change it so it erwrites
> everything
> except the index.html page?  I presume apache uses perl5 style regexp ?

No, apache 1.3 uses egrep-style regexes.

To do that, I think you need
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !index.html$
RewriteRule ^/([^/]*)\.html /articles/viewdoc.php?v=$1.html

Note I've changed the RewriteRule so it only applies to files in the
DocumentRoot, and not files in any subdirectory.  I'm still not sure if that
is what you want.

Joshua.