httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aurelien DEHAY <aurelien.de...@ext.anpe.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] access_log filesize doesn't exceed 2Go
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:06:54 GMT
Hello.

We've got one Apache server generating since yesterdayt 1Go log for 8
hours. Unfortunatly, the logrotate script runs once per day, and the
access_log size grows to 2Go. And Apache stops logging.

Not realy critical, the requests are still served, but no logs. I didn't
found such a bug in bugzilla, and no answer on the net.

A file with a size over 2Go (3Go) has been successfuly created with the
same user as Apache and on the same FS. The log are written by Apache
(not piped-log). System parameters are good (no limit, free inodes, etc).

As this server is for production, I cant't do more tests, but I can
easily make tests on others servers.

Is anyone have an explication ou URL for this?

Apache 2.0.44 (worker)
Linux 2.4.20
RH 7.3
LVM