httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ksenia Marasanova <kse...@ksenia.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] apachectl restart and ssl troubles
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:59:03 GMT
Hi list,

I have some troubles using "apachectl restart" or "apachectl graceful"
command on my Apache/1.3.29 (FreeBSD -stable). The server would not
restart, complaining about SSL directives in some virtual hosts. It
looks like it tries to restart without loading mod_ssl. It's quite
annoying, because I have to stop the server first, and then to start it
with "apachectl sslstart" - that works well.
To summarize the problem:

apachectl sslstart - ok, the server is started and mod_ssl is loaded
apachectl restart, apachectl graceful - not ok,  the server complains
about SSL directives
apachectl stop - ok
apachectl sslstart - ok

What would cause this problem?