httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need APSX to compile module on Windows... how and where to get it?
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 05:28:41 GMT
Mark A. Craig wrote:

> My goal is to compile the new mod_httpBL module from Project Honeypot.
> I also tried it with Visual C++ 2005 Express, but it was missing a WIN32
> #define and apparently quite a few header includes.

First, 2.2 source code isn't 2.0 source code.  Some authors have hacked both
into a single source and detect the difference on the fly, others hadn't.

Scroll back up, I provided links on this list earlier today for modperl's
solution to apxs for windows.

Finally, some modules *are* unix specific, and didn't use apr portability
functions.  In that case you have some hacking to do, or are SOL.

If it's a really popular module, often your friends at apachelounge will
hack together a build.