httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Remote Forward Proxy Does Not Forward Request after PR 55892 Fix
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 01:53:34 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 2:34 AM, Dana Wang <danajoyluck@gmail.com> wrote:

> The challenge I'm facing is that the remote forward proxy no longer forwards
> requests due to relative URL.

You want your proxy to talk https with a forward proxy via a remote
CONNECT proxy, right?
Not so common, is your proxy itself a forward proxy which can't
CONNECT backends directly?

If your proxy is a reverse, I don't see why the backend would need an
absolute URL.

Otherwise (hence a real forward proxy use case :), maybe the "type" of
URL could depend on ProxyRequests on/off, since partial URL (off) is
what a backends expect (though they should also handle absolute
URLs..) while interoperability issues (PR 55892) have made httpd now
assume that the origin is a backend (more common) rather than a
forward proxy (on) like previous behaviour (which used to work with
most backends handling full URLs..).

Make it depend on current proxy's ProxyRequests on/off looks sensible.

> I have been trying different configurations in
> the virtual host to make the URL back to the absolute form, but have not had
> any success.
>
> Any recommendation is highly appreciated.

I don't think it can be achieved with the current mod_proxy
implementation, could you apply/test patch(es) possibly?

Regards,
Yann.