httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brice Waegeneire <bwaegene...@evolix.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] How to automate the migration from mod_access_compat to mod_authz_host (2.2 -> 2.4)
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2020 08:48:24 GMT
Hello Apache users,

I'm in the process of migrating several Apache configurations from 2.2
to 2.4 so I'm looking for a tool to automate that. Is it possible ? Do
such tools already exists ?

The documentation about the replacement of mod_access_compat by
mod_authz_host is very well documented in the upgrading doc[0], but
there isn't any information about tools that can help doing such
upgrades. Since I'm not well versed in Apache history, I wonder how
often did such directive depreciation took place, how it went down and
what tools where used to eased such depreciation.

I know there are some some libraries in perl[1] and python[2] to parse
Apache configuration that could help in that adventure but the former
hasn't been updated for 5 years and the later has some issues outputting
a valid config (ex. issues #101 and #105).

I'm open to any suggestion or comments about this subject.

[0]: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html#run-time

[1]: https://metacpan.org/pod/Apache::ConfigParser

[2]: https://github.com/etingof/apacheconfig

Cheers,

--
Brice WAEGENEIRE <bwaegeneire@evolix.fr> - SysAdmin support Evolix
Evolix - Hébergement et Infogérance Open Source