ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Baldur Norddahl <bbn-iba...@inaphone.com>
Subject Re: session leak in ibatis 2.0.8
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:16:42 GMT
Sorry about that mail - it got delayed by the apache moderators because
I accidently sent it with a different email address than the one I am
subscribed with.

It is identical to one you already answered, and the conclusion is that
my code expected commitTransaction() to implicit call endTransaction()
like in ibatis 1. IMHO this is an easy mistake to make since I associate
those two calls with the SQL commands commit and rollback.

Actually, altough the documentation says I always have to call
endTransaction() it also says "The only way to return a connection to
the DataSource (or close the connection) is to call commitTransaction()
or endTransaction()" (page 39 in the iBATIS SQL Maps 2 Developer Guide -
iBATIS-SqlMaps-4.pdf). This is not true, commitTransaction() does not
close the resources, which was my problem.

Baldur