ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Baldur Norddahl <bbn-iba...@inaphone.com>
Subject postgresql: idle in transaction
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 09:35:10 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to avoid that all my connections ends up in state "idle in
transaction" like this:

bbn@vacuum2:~$ ps ax | grep "postres: secure"
11249 ?        S      0:00 postgres: secure db 192.168.2.121 idle in
transaction

With the old version af iBatis and our php projects, that status is only
"idle" (unless the connection is currently working on a query).

Clinton Begin advised me to try <transactionManager type="JDBC"
commitRequired="true"> in the config file. I am going to use this
setting anyway so my stored procedures work correctly, but it does not
seem to have any effect on the "idle in transaction" problem.

It does not seem to have any bad effects on the system, but from a
system admin perspective I would like to avoid it, so I can have my
scripts warn me if those starts piling up. They are a sign that somebody
is not handling their transactions correctly.

Baldur