Trying to find the best approach to a 1:M relationship.
(Apologize ahead if I'm missing something)

class master {
    private List children ;
    public void setChildren(List list){}
    public List getChildren() {}
}

The suggestions from the mail archives seem to indicate two possibilities

<sqlMap...
        insert into master values(...) ;
        <iterate id=children>
            insert into Childvalues(..) ;
        </iterate>
</sqlMap

or....

Master master = new Master() ;

Child child = new Child() ;
master.getChildren().add(child) ;

MasterDAO.save(master) ;

child.setParent(master) ;
ChildDAO.save(child) ;

Using the first approach causes me to create multiple insert statements for a "Child" insert (One in the Master mapping, one in the child mapping... Is there a way to define links to other statements?
Using the second approach causes me to use "Relational" constructs to describe a Object mapping.

Greg Akins
Software Engineer
Sony Electronics, STP Systems
724.696.7322 (Sony)