ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Brandon Goodin <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed...
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:15:40 GMT
I've done quite a bit with i18n working between UTF-8 and UTF-16. Even
after all that... I'm still mystified. :D Encoding is a world unto
itself. All i want is something that works :) Maybe one of these days
i'll understand more... for now it's all about trial and error.

On 4/20/05, Brice Ruth <bdruth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see anywhere in there that UTF-8 cannot encode everything that
> UTF-16 and UTF-32 can ... just that the storage requirements differ ?!
>
> Brice
>
> On 4/20/05, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://icu.sourceforge.net/docs/papers/forms_of_unicode/
> >
> > On 4/20/05, Brice Ruth <bdruth@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I had heard that chinese does a lot with UTF-16, but I hadn't heard
> > > about arabic ... and I don't exactly understand why UTF-8 doesn't
> > > support that ... is it simply because their character sets keep
> > > expanding and UTF-8 is static?

If you use

Unicode is

with special charaters not in utf-8, you will
we have some special characters not supported

wrote:
> [...]
build sqlCOnfigmap..does it

There was an error while
XML Parser Error.