ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Guido García Bernardo <ggb...@tid.es>
Subject Re: Access to the underlying connection
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:47:08 GMT
What I do is:

Connection jdbcConnection = null;
ResultSet rs = null;

try {
    jdbcConnection =
getSqlMapTransactionManager().getCurrentConnection();
    DatabaseMetaData dbmd = jdbcConnection.getMetaData();
    // JDBC code
} catch (SQLException sqle) {
} finally {
    try { rs.close(); } catch (Exception e) {}
    // Not close jdbcConnection (DaoManager does it for us)
    // try { jdbcConnection.close(); } catch (Exception e) {}
}

I don't know if it has collateral effects.  ¿Does anyone know what are
the implications or drawbacks of this aproach?
Thank you,
Guido García Bernardo.

--
Guido García Bernardo - ggarciab@itdeusto.com