ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: ibatis technology need company references.
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:35:49 GMT
At 11:30 AM 4/6/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Check the Wiki, if you need more than that, let me know ... we use iBATIS
>exclusively in our projects (we are, however, not a government body).
>
>Brandon's point was simply that being in Apache's incubator does not mean
>anything about the projects status as a whole, it is simply an Apache
>thing (internal politics and processes, really).

The Apache status can be further complicated when you look at particular
projects and their dependencies.  For example,  Confluence and Jira are
widely accepted commercial applications (it seems the most of the open
source projects that I look at these days are using them).  If you look at
the some of the dependencies you'll find that it uses libraries that are
tagged as release candidates, beta versions, and at least one that I know
of that is so poorly documented that the provider of the library won't
provide a binary version.