I’m trying to get iBatis classes to initialize in a modified JDBCRealm... Right now I’m having issues.  There’s a ClassCastException thrown on Tomcat startup (when the realm classes are initialized).  I’ve placed all 3 iBatis jars, and various combinations of supporting jars in server/lib, so far with no luck.  Brandon mentioned debugging the tomcat startup in an IDE; I’m trying to figure out how to do that right now.

I’ll post and let you know my results.  In the mean time, try it ;-)  I am trying to use a data source of type “DBCP” in my sql-map-config.xml; it’s the instantiation of this class that throws errors right now.  Maybe try using another data source and let us know how it works.

Thanks,

-Sasha Borodin

From: Larry Meadors <larry.meadors@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 06:35:53 -0700
To: <ibatis-user-java@incubator.apache.org>, Tim Christopher <tim.christopher@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: JDBCRealm using iBATIS?

Sasha Borodin(maybe?) mentioned working on an iBATIS realm for tomcat on the tomcat-users list. You may want to check that out.

Larry

On Mar 17, 2005 8:37 AM, Tim Christopher <tim.christopher@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to use iBATIS for
implementing JDBCRealm, or do I have to access the database directly?

I've looked on Google and in the Developer Notes for iBATIS and have
found nothing on this topic.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim Christopher