ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "McCORMICK, Paul" <Paul.McCORM...@doir.wa.gov.au>
Subject RE: ResultSet metadata
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 07:35:29 GMT

I've got a similar problem.  I have a immutable Quantity object that takes two arguments for
its constructor.  No of the Quantity properties can be populated using setter methods. I would
like to use a custom type handler to construct the object.  Doing reflection on the result
set will not always work because as there can be more that one Quantity objects per row.

Here is my idea how ibatis could be changed for this to work.
1) Allow multiple column names to be in the 'column' attribute of the result tag.   See below.
<resultMap ...>
        <result property="amountOne" column="amount1, currencyType1" typeHandler="QuantityTypeHandler"/>
        <result property="amountTwo" column="amount2, currencyType2" typeHandler="QuantityTypeHandler"/>
</resultMap>

2) Add a method to give the TypeHandlerCallback access to the names of the column.
e.g.
public interface TypeHandlerCallback {
        public String[] getColumnNames();
}

This would allow reflection on the result set using the column names.  I'm sure there are
more elegant ways to do this where ibatis would do the reflection.   I guess I can expect
someone to implement this in the next few days :)

Paul