ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <dhsc...@cstone.dhs.state.il.us>
Subject Re: Building iBATIS_DBL-2.1.0.565
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 14:24:38 GMT
You can also compile to JDK 1.4 in WSAD if you want to.  Simply install
a 1.4 JRE somewhere (or use the WAS 5.1 JRE if you have it installed),
then point your project to it.

If the iBATIS project is part of an EAR project, you can use WSAD's
server targeting support to target WAS 5.1 - then you'll get JDK 1.4
too.

I have done both methods successfully in the past with iBATIS.

Jeff Butler

>>> clinton.begin@gmail.com 07/08/05 9:15 AM >>>
You have to compile with JDK 1.4. Once compiled, it should work with
1.3 as
well.

Your best bet is to :

1) Download and install JDK 1.4
2) Set your JAVA_HOME to the install dir of JDK 1.4
3) Checkout the iBATIS source from the Subversion repos
4) Make your changes.
5) Run build.bat.

Clinton

On 7/6/05, biao.xue@jpmorgan.com <biao.xue@jpmorgan.com> wrote:

> I'm using IBM WebSphere Applicaction Developer Integration Edition
5.1.
> I'm
> not sure which version of JDK it uses. How do I tell? I ran "java
> -version"
> and get the following:
>
> java version "1.3.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0-C)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0-C, mixed mode)
>
> I'm trying to get iBatis work with Sybase stored procedures. However,

> since
> a known problem of Sybase jdbc driver with
CallableStatement.execute() and
> CallableStatement.getResultSet(), as discussed in the thread of
"trouble
> mapping stored procedure to object", I'll have to apply the
suggested
> change of using executeQuery() instead. I don't have time to wait
for
> sybase to fix the problem due to my project's time constraint.
>
> Thanks,
> Biao
>

> Clinton Begin
> <clinton.begin@gm To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
> ail.com <http://ail.com>> cc:
> Subject: Re: Building iBATIS_DBL-2.1.0.565
> 07/06/2005 10:37
> PM
> Please respond to
> user-java
>

> You're compiling under an incompatible JDK. Two questions:
>
> 1) Which JDK are you using?
> 2) Why are you compiling from the source?
>
> Cheers,
> Clinton
>

> On 7/6/05, biao.xue@jpmorgan.com <biao.xue@jpmorgan.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded iBATIS_DBL-2.1.0.565.zip, importied source files
into
> WSAD, and tried to build it. I encounterted some problems:
>
> 1. Unresolvable import files:
>
> // in file com.ibatis.db.dao.jdbc.SqlMap2DaoTransaction.java
> import com.ibatis.db.dao.DaoException;
> import com.ibatis.db.dao.DaoTransaction ;
>
> // in file com.ibatis.db.dao.jdbc.SqlMap2DaoTransactionPool.java
> import com.ibatis.db.dao.DaoException;
> import com.ibatis.db.dao.DaoTransaction;
> import com.ibatis.db.dao.DaoTransactionPool;
>
> 2. Methods setHoldability(), getHoldability(), and setSavepoint()
are