We do a redeploy all the time from Eclipse to Tomcat.  Occasionally, we have to restart Tomcat as it seems to stop responding to application requests.  We haven't figured this out yet, but this mainly occurs on the Tomcat servers run on our development PCs and not on the primary and backup servers.

Al

At 03:41 AM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
Can't you just use manager included in Tomcat,

you can reach it at /manager/html/list and then just reload application ? I do that:)

Darek

----- Original Message -----
From: Zarar Siddiqi
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org ; Sylvain Pelletier
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: I must restart Tomcat when I modify some SQL Map XML files in SQLMapConfig.xml

Instead of restarting Tomcat, perhaps you should setup your application so that you just have to reload/redeploy the context for the startup listeners to kick in.  Restarting tomcat can be slow while reploying works like a breeze.  I'm using Intellij and you can run Tomcat within it. I'm sure Eclipse has the same feature.

Zarar