Do you need to set the scale on the bigdecimal variable?

On 7/26/05, shilpa <shilpa.pradhan@judiciary.state.nj.us > wrote:
Prashanth Sukumaran <prashanthsukumaran <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi Shilpa,
>
> Just in case, have you defined the bean variable as int/integer by mistake.
>
> Rgds
>
> Prashanth.
>
> --- shilpa < shilpa.pradhan <at> judiciary.state.nj.us> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >     It may sound little strange, but I am getting wrong data back when I
call
> > QueryForObject( ) method and try to get firld of Decimal data type.
> >
> > e.g
> > I am calling this method by passing financialStatus as object.
> >
> > sqlMap.queryForObject("selectFinancialInfo",finStatus);
> >
> > I am using Stored Procedures to retrieve data from DB2.
> >
> > I have a field in table 'SocialSecurity' with value 99.44
> >
> > but when I execute
> >
> > sqlMap.queryForObject("selectFinancialInfo",finStatus);
> >
> > and call finStatus.getSocialSecurity();
> > its just returning me 99 and not 99.44
> >
> > My stored procedure is not returning a ResultSet but everything in OUT
> > parameters.
> >
> > Same procedure works fine with normal JDBC code. (returns 99.44)
> >
> > Can you please guide me, where I am doing wrong.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > shilpa

> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com

no its BigDecimal

BigDecimal financialSocialsecurity;

getter/setters for that

public BigDecimal getFinancialSocialsecurity() {
                System.out.println("financialSocialsecurity" +
financialSocialsecurity); // this returns wrong data i.e. 99
                return financialSocialsecurity;
}

public void setFinancialSocialsecurity(BigDecimal decimal) {
                financialSocialsecurity = decimal;
}

Thanks,
shilpa