ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Multiple Databases - Multiple Context
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:07:12 GMT
Hi,

It is definitely there:

<!ELEMENT context (transactionManager, dao*)+>

<!ATTLIST context

  id CDATA #IMPLIED

Niels

BTW You should use the DTD located at apache,
http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/dao-2.dtd

________________________________

From: Agilan Palani [mailto:agilan@bntasia.com]
Sent: woensdag 5 oktober 2005 14:47
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Multiple Databases - Multiple Context

Hi

            I need Ibatis to provide access to two different databases.

            After going through the forums I found that it can be
achieved by

            1. Configuring two <context> tags in the dao.xml,

2. While getting the DAO objects, use the following method

            getDaoManager().getDao(UserDAO.class, contextId ) to
retrieve the objects,

            they would access the correct database defined for that
context.

            Question here is how do I define/declare a contextId to the
<context> ?

            I checked the http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/dao-2.dtd and there
is no way that

I can specify an ID to the context tag.