ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Scott Zhu <scott...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: handle international characters
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 01:54:13 GMT
Thanks, Daniel. I actually didn't think the problem would be in ibatis, but
I wanted to be sure I didn't miss any obvious settings. I was using
Weblogic's (bea) sql server type 4 driver. I found later that I have to set
"CodePageOverride=UTF8" in the driver to get this to work. I don't quite
understand however, why do I have to set this, shouldn't this be the default
option in JDBC drivers? I'd be interested if you know more of this. But
thanks for your help regardless.