ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Phantom data results??
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:01:27 GMT
I have run into the same thing where anything done outside of the
application (isql*plus or enterprise manager) does not appear in the
results from a query inside iBatis.  We found if we restarted the tomcat
server that the activity done outside the application was now visible to
the application.  We stopped modifying table data directly and all
interaction is now through the application.  If we absolutely have to
work outside the application, we know we must do a restart of the tomcat
server.

It has been a while since we had to deal with this so we never really
tried to find out why this happens.  Something to do with data caching,
I am sure.  We know that we will have the problem, so we just deal with
it the way we know works.

Al