ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Ben Munat <b...@munat.com>
Subject Re: Support for private properties
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 02:15:39 GMT
Give your domain objects a method that takes a Map (or a convenience helper class that
wraps the map) and sets private variables appropriately. You can have ibatis map the
result set right into the Map and have your DAO pass it into the domain object.

I'm doing that on my current project and it's working fine. Unfortunately I've also found

that not exposing setters does not mean you won't still create brain-splitting complexity,

but that's another story.