Also be aware that JBoss allows you to override the servlet spec too with respect to classloading though I doubt that's your problem.  Regardless, if its in server/default/lib then it should have scope across all WARs/EARs at runtime.

Have you tried using the 3.1 PRODUCTION driver instead of the 5.x development driver as a sanity test.  It works fine for me on JBoss 4.0.4.GA.

-aps

Where is the iBATIS jar? It should be using the Thread's context class
loader to find the driver, but something may be going sideways there.

Is it possible to deploy the mysql jar in the same location as the ibatis jars?

Larry

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson