ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Craig Jones" <craigjo...@maximsc.com>
Subject Abator Bug: Bean Name Capitalization
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:56:18 GMT
Hello All,

I have a bug to report.  I just joined this mailing list, so pardon me if
this is a rehash, but I didn't see any mention of the issue in JIRA, which
prompted me to come here.

It looks like Abator incorrectly capitalizes property names when the first
word is a single letter.  For example, if the field name is E_MAIL then
you'll get

    <result column="E_MAIL" jdbcType="VARCHAR" property="eMail"/>

And

	getEMail()/setEMail()

However, while the getter & setter are correct, the property attribute of
the result tag should be "EMail" (not a lower case e).

This is apparently an oddity of the java bean spec.  See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-329 wherein it was reported that
Ibatis itself was supposedly in error, but the issue was closed with a
citation of the javabean spec.

Thanks,

// Craig Jones

(brand new to Ibatis & Abator - so far so good, with this minor exception)