ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Graeme J Sweeney <ibatis.u...@gjsweeney.com>
Subject Re: cacheModel
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:31:39 GMT
On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Hari... wrote:

> what exactly cache model is ?

The cacheModel wraps/represents a cache implementation.

> i had gone through the dev guide ,i fell that infornmation is not
> sufficient. can anyone explain me what exactly happens when we use the cache
> model .

The cache will be queried first to see if the result exists there and if
not the request will go to the database and that result stored in the
cache.
The cache reduces the load on the database.
Use the flushOnExecute statements to stop the cache going stale.
Profile your request usage to determine the cache type and size.

--
Graeme -