It's not just random - the parameters you supply must match what's required by your procedure.  In the example you gave, you had syntax like this:

 { ? = call ipgrouper_it2.load_validation.get_post_validation_report( ? )}

This implies that the first parameter (the first question mark) is an OUT parameter, and the second parameter is either IN or INOUT.

It might be clearer if you stopped using explicit parameter maps and used the inline syntax instead.

Jeff Butler