ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autocommit not properly handled in Ibatis.
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:55:28 GMT
In hindsight I wish I had made the default commitRequired=true...

I believe the only database that really suffers from unecessary
commits is Oracle.  The other RDBMS are actually pretty good about not
incurring additional overhead, and in fact Sybase drivers I've used
demand that either commit or rollback be called in all cases except
AutoCommit of course.

Anyway, unless you're using Oracle, feel free to make your lives
easier by just setting commitRequired=true..  :-)

Clinton