ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Satish Kumar <cs...@yahoo.com>
Subject Handle to ResultSet
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:42:48 GMT
Hi,

I am a new user of iBATIS Ver 2.3.0. I have a requirement to get the handle to the ResultSet
from iBATIS for post-processing.

The ResultSet is from a Oracle Ref Cursor returned by a stored procedure. I followed the examples
mentioned on the iBATIS Wiki and mailing lists, but have not had success.

I am using JDK 1.5, the latest version of Oracle 10g JDBC drivers.

Below is the SQLMap

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">

<sqlMap>
    <parameterMap id="listErrorParameters" class="java.util.Map">
        <parameter property="serverId" jdbcType="NUMERIC" mode="IN"/>
        <parameter property="resultSet" javaType="java.sql.ResultSet" jdbcType="ORACLECURSOR"
mode="OUT"/>
    </parameterMap>

    <procedure id="listError" parameterMap="listErrorParameters" >
        {call listError(?,?)}
    </procedure>
</sqlMap>

Sample Program:

    public static main(String[] args) {
        try{
        String resource;
        Reader reader;

        SqlMapClient sqlMap;
        resource = "sqlMap-config.xml";
        reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader (resource);
        sqlMap = SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        Map paramsMap = new HashMap();
        paramsMap.put("id", "1000");

        sqlMap.queryForObject("listError", paramsMap);

        System.out.println("resultSet: " + paramsMap.get("resultSet"));

        }catch(Exception aoExec)
        {
            aoExec.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

In the above program paramsMap.get("resultSet") always returns null, and I am not sure why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Satish