ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cannot write to property without a setter
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 12:37:38 GMT
That is an interesting pattern - you can't change bah, but you can
change it's properties.

That *should* work, IMO. Can you add an issue in JIRA for that?

Larry

On 2/6/07, Reuben Firmin <Reuben.Firmin@copart.com> wrote:
> Let's say I have a class structure as per below. Ibatis doesl not seem to let me address
the path foo.bah.someProperty, because there is no setter (Foo#setBah). Specifically, I get
"com.ibatis.common.beans.ProbeException: There is no WRITEABLE property". Spring, on the other
hand, is fine with this particular setup, and in fact seems to ignore the setBah() method
if it exists. Is there a good argument for one way or the other?