You need to add a <generatedKey> element to your Abator configuration.  Then Abator will generate the proper <selectKey> element.

Jeff Butler

On 2/8/07, Mark Volkmann <mark@ociweb.com> wrote:
I used Abator to generate Spring DAOs. When I use the insert method
of the generated DAOs to insert a new row in a table, how can I get
the primary key that was assigned to the record when it is set in the
table definition to auto-generate an integer key?

When I just use iBATIS without Spring DAOs, I can do this

  sqlMap.insert(" Artist.insert", artist);

and it populates the Java object artist with the generated key.

However, when I use the Abator generated Spring DAOs and do this

  artistDAO.insert(artist);

it doesn't not populate the Java object artist with the generated key.