I wonder if this is related to this known issue:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-357

If not, it would be good to write a simple test case to prove the failure and submit it on a JIRA ticket (you can use the attachment to the above issue as an example of how to submit a test case).

Jeff Butler