ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Christian Möller <dcmoel...@gmx.de>
Subject Any support of JDBC-3 feature supportsGetGeneratedKeys() (aka auto-generated keys)?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:29:25 GMT
Hi,

I've a question concerning the iBATIS support of the JDBC-3 feature to
receive auto-generated keys via java.sql.Statement.getGeneratedKeys():

iBATIS supports auto-generated keys via execution of SQLs before/after
the INSERT statement as described in the developer guide (chapter
"Auto-generated Keys"). Is the aforementioned JDBC-3 feature currently
supported, too? I've scanned the mailing list and developer guide for an
answer without success, so guessing the answer will be "No". Is their
some plan or effort to support it in future versions of iBATIS?

This feature would make it easier to work with iBATIS especially if
different databases are used within a project - maybe only to support
unit-testing of DAO code by using an in-memory DB like HSQL (still
missing this JDBC-3 feature) or H2 in parallel to your
production/enterprise database (Oracle, DB2, and so on).

Thanks.

Christian