Hi ,

I am currently facing an issue with usage of iBATIS(to which i am new to). Hope somone(who might have faced the same issue before)  can help me out upto some extent !

There is an article already published with title ( How do I use a BLOB or CLOB ?) in FAQ section . Refer - http://opensource.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/IBATIS/How+do+I+use+a+BLOB+or+CLOB. This issue is absolutely similar to my problem, but after following all the steps (advised by Nathan) , i am still not able to get the solution

My detailed  problem definition is as follow-
In one of the database table , we are having  a column of type CLOB (since we wish to persist xml data into it which may exceed 4k characters]. Even after using CLOB as the data type,
I am getting the exception

--- Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Data size bigger than max size for this type: 7533

Following are the version details of softwares used -
1) Oracle database server --> Release 10.2.0.1.0
2) JDBC driver  --> 10.2.0.3.0 (which i had recently upgraded from 9.0.2.0 ,based on your advise posted in this article)

I am stuck up with this issue for past couple of days, which is hampering my project's progress.

Your timely response/assistance will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Manish Behl
RBS India Development Centre (P) Ltd

T  +91 124 433 6150
F  +91 124 433 6500
manish.behl@rbs.com

Unitech Business Park, Block F, Sector 41, South City 1,
Gurgaon - 122001, Haryana, Delhi, India

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
www.rbs.com

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The
Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry
Visit our websites at:
www.rbs.com
www.rbs.com/gbm
www.rbsgc.com