ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Alistair Young" <alistair.j.yo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transaction Performance Issue
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:35:24 GMT
Hi Vannel,

As I understand it, iBATIS will issue each of your SQL statements
(select, update) to the database in turn.  However, the "return" (I
assume you mean the result of the update() call) will only happen once
both statements have been executed.

I'm still a bit confused as to what your application is doing - in an
earlier e-mail you talked about the user pressing an 'Update' button,
but here you talk about another process making the update.

Also, is the problem that sometimes the user never sees the result, or
is it that sometimes it takes longer than expected?

Are you using any caching in iBATIS?

Cheers,

Alistair.