ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Vannel <vadrie...@hotmail.com>
Subject Transaction Performance Issue
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:26:56 GMT

Hi,

I have a performance issue i'm not sure how to solve effectively. Here's my
situation..
I'm trying to run INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE statements and using their return
values as confirmation that the statement has been duly completed by my db
(Oracle).

---

e.g.
<update ...>UPDATE table1 SET field = #value# WHERE idfield =
#idvalue#</update>

int confirmation = update(...)
//upon getting confirmation, send out an alert to the user
if (confirmation > 0) {...send out alert...}

---

the problem lies here. if the user (for example) refreshes his UI
immediately after sending the UPDATE, a small fraction of the time, the
change will not be reflected yet. unfortunately, my program requires me to
have 100% assurance that the user will be able to notice the change.

does anyone have any suggestions? i suspect it might be an issue with how
Oracle handles SQL since i am able to get a positive return from it. could
it be an issue with how iBATIS works?