ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Radoslaw Zmuda" <radek.zm...@gmail.com>
Subject IBatis+teradata
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:14:09 GMT
Hi All,

The scenario of my problem is as follows:
- I've tried to prevent my app against SQL injection, so I changed  a '$'
signs into '#' signs in xml files where value of parameters are added
- the problem was solved but there appears another one: problem with Date
object insertion.
  Previously (when '$' signs where present) the Date object was converted
into String in my code, so into statement was placed i.e.'2008-14-03' and
the fields was correctly placed on Teradata db (db field types of Date)
- After changing into '#' signs I get the following message from terradata
jdbc driver :
com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [NCR] [Teradata DBMS] : Invalid
date supplied for TABLE_NAME.DATE_FIELD_NAME.

It is no matter if Date is converted into String or it is pure Date object.

I'm guessing that IBatis converts Date into yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format and
this looks like DateTime type rather than Date for teradata.
So my question is: is there any possibility to reconfigure default format
for IBatis date or if there is any other soluition to this problem.

Here is piece of code from which insertion starts:

// insert
        QueryParams qp = newQP(gtd);
        setUpdates(qp, gtd, row, true, true);
        getSqlMapClientTemplate().insert(makeName("insert"), qp);

Best Regards,
Radek