ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis cache miss duplicate request
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 00:37:31 GMT
The cache only blocks when it's updating from the first result.  It
won't stop the other requests from executing.  So it's the latter.

That should be very unlikely, and if it's not, maybe consider seeding
the cache (if the requests are that predictable) or use a second level
caching solution.

Incidentally, iBATIS 3 will defer the load on the subsequent requests
(i.e. only load them once) if they're executed within the same
session. The challenge with doing this globally is the potential for
cache deadlocks.

Cheers,
Clinton