ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From mfs <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject DaoFramework - Are the DAO instances shared ?
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 03:28:20 GMT

Guys,

I know that DAO Framework has been deprecated and one is suggested to look
for better alternatives out in the market like Sping and all. I eventually
plan to move over to them but due to the time crunch, i have just found
using the iBatis DAO Framework to be pretty easy to start/integerate with.

Anyways i have a pretty simple question here...if someone could response..

1) Is a new DAO Implementation (as specified in the dao.xml against the DAO
Interface) instantiated every time when a call to the
getDaoManager().getDao(MyDAOInterface.class) is made..or the DAO instances
shared between callers (and hence would require synchronization)?