ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Nicholoz Koka Kiknadze <kikna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help to reduce db round-trip
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:12:48 GMT
I think the only reliable way to check whether connection is valid is to
execute something using the connection (so it requires roundtrip to db).
However
a) this execution happens only once for your transaction (which may include
numbers of CRUD operations etc)
b) Validation query is chosen to be simple (like select 1 from dual for
oracle), so that performance penalty is minimal.

So IMO unless you are designing some realtime application you can stop
worrying about additional roundtrip stealing maybe a dozen of
milliseconds...