When it comes to Transaction Management, there are few frameworks (if any) better than Spring.

Your choices are:

  * Spring (with iBATIS EXTERNAL TX type).
  * Your App Server, with a container managed data source and connection (with iBATIS EXTERNAL TX type).
  * iBATIS JTA TX type.  Very few people use this though, and we've actually left it out of iBATIS 3 for sake of the better alternatives above.

Cheers,
Clinton