From: Erinc Arikan [mailto:erincarikan@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 1:25 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: JDBC Connection Pooling

Hi All;

I've been using IBATIS on our back end for some time. I am using simple datasource and I haven't configured any database connection pool in the configuration xml. I am wondering if there's a default connection pool setting when that's the case(does ibatis by default take care of connection pooling?) or does it mean that all the traffic is processed over one jdbc connection?

If latter is the case, I feel like having a connection pool will increase the performance significantly. Our system might process upto 1000 requests per second, under forementioned assumptions what would be ideal connection pool size?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks for the awesome product and help in advance.

Erinc

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above and may contain information which is privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, dissemination or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.