ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "J.C." <jcham...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When can we get next version which is "iBATIS for Java 2.3.5" ?
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:15:03 GMT

Ah, I had a jdk\bin in the path that was Java 5, but JAVA_HOME was set to a
Java 6 JDK. So I guess the build requires not just that a Java 5 version be
in the path first, but rather that JAVA_HOME is set to the JDK you want it
to use to build.

Okay, so I just did a mvn package and it built and tested successfully. :) I
got an artifact, ibatis-sqlmap-SNAPSHOT-r890827.jar as the result in the
target directory.

So, two questions then:
1) Can we get an official release of iBatis 2.3.5?
2) Can you add support for Java 6, since 5 is officially past its
end-of-life as of a few months ago? Here we've got some wrappers that are
Java 6 (and JDBC 4.0 compliant), but will also run against Java 5 (and JDBC
3.5 too, it's not that difficult to use reflection for the few delegate
methods that need it).

-J.C.