ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From [e2n] software | Björn Raupach <raup...@e2n.de>
Subject Logging in iBatis 3
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:09:16 GMT
Hello,

short Question: How is logging configured in iBatis 3?

In iBatis2 we used to caught the SQLException, logged it and threw a RuntimeException.

However in iBatis3 there are no checked execptions anymore.

We are using log4j. In log4j.properties we tried:

log4j.logger.org.apache.ibatis=DEBUG
log4j.logger.java.sql=DEBUG

The sql statement logging is nice, but how to record if something goes wrong? Lets say an
insert fails because of a constraint? There is some nice output in my unit tests, but I havent't
figured out how retrieve the SQL Exection to log the in the application log.

Thanks in advance!