On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:03 AM, Clinton Begin <clinton.begin@gmail.com> wrote:
The reason is that the rows aren't uniquely identified.  Upon a second look, I see that the column I recommended isn't unique.  Which columns uniquely identify each parent row?

They'd be unique by a combination of "parentAttributeID" and "attributeValueID"

That would make a row unique. So your post led me to try this

<association property="attributeValue" column="{parentValueID=parentValueID,attributeValue.attributeValueID=attributeValueID}" - but that would only work I suppose if my property was a composite object which its not.

Looks like I should stick to not using an association for this (and do it the ibatis2.0 way?):

<!-- flatten -->
<result property="parentValueID" column="parentValueID" jdbcType="CHAR" />
<result property="attributeValue.attributeValueID" column="attributeValueID" jdbcType="INTEGER"/>
<result column="value" property="attributeValue.value" jdbcType="VARCHAR"/>