ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Poitras Christian <Christian.Poit...@ircm.qc.ca>
Subject RE: Dynamic table names in DELETE
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:33:58 GMT
Ibatis project moved to Google. If I am not mistaking, the developers of iBATIS are not registered
to this list anymore.
Please, post your questions to the new list at mybatis-user@googlegroups.com

Christian

-----Original Message-----
From: droidin.net [mailto:droid@droidin.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:07 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic table names in DELETE

iBatis 3 has wonderful ability in SELECT statements to provide dynamic substitution before
statement is prepared. For example this will work

<select id="foo">SELECT * FROM $db$.MY_TABLE</select>

However I can't make it work when trying to empty table

XML code:

<delete id="del" parameterType="String">DELETE FROM $db$.MY_TABLE</delete>
<!-- and I also tried -->
<delete id="del" parameterType="String">DELETE FROM $0$.MY_TABLE</delete>

Java code:

// method defined as
del(String db);
// and executed as
mapper.del("MY_DB");

I get message complaining that Database '$db$' does not exist

Anyone can suggest the solution? I'm on Teradata db and it is setup in the way that I need
provide db names in query or else I get Object not found