ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] for a Apache Ignite Logo
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 23:35:03 GMT
Oh no!  Engineers voting on a graphic.

+1 on
http://99designs.com/designs/42031464~bc93ed7f99c68fb679cecb60f69997e823946193-original

Clean, coherent, simple.

A bunch of these would do.  The 99designs folks did good job.

St.Ack
P.S. Little Story: In HBase, we did 99 designs.  We had 500 submissions.
After a bunch of time, we narrowed the set to choose from.  A bunch of
folks voted but the spread was too thin -- the votes were all over the
place (We did PR).  No one was really happy with the result that bubbled
up.  The resultant choice was meh.  We no longer go by that winner.
P.P.S. Another little story: In HBase it took us 2 years to settle on a
motif after loads of folks made proposals, a good few designers made
submissions, and we went back and forth in an issue that went on and on
with links out to the net to all sorts of interesting possibilities for
folks to ruminate on.  This process was super painful.

Engineers are bad at graphics. If this VOTE comes up with an unsatisfactory
tally -- there is no overwhelming winner -- then I'd suggest we do some
reevaluation rather than just take the 'winner'. Let Dmitry or whoever paid
for the 99designs just choose.