ignite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Patch validation on TC
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 06:51:39 GMT
Guys,

I have started working on TC's based patch validation where a job is
periodically checking against a certain Ignite JIRA filter and then pulls in
the latest available patches for the future validation.

What I've noticed is that some of the Patch Available (PA) state don't have
any attachments. E.g.

[22:16:45] Cos: what you're looking for is this

[05:59:21][Step 1/1] :slurp (1s)

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-311 is in invalid state: patch is not available

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-299 is in invalid state: patch is not available

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-239 is in invalid state: patch is not available

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-329 = https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12700377/0001-IGNITE-329-Example-of-CacheTypeMetadata-and-CacheJdb.patch

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-326 = https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12700497/ignite-326.patch

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-306 = https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12700471/ignite-306-1.patch

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-199 = https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12697480/sp-1_ignite-199_fixing_tests.patch

[05:59:22][:slurp] IGNITE-136 = https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12700498/136-2.patch


Dmitriy just mentioned to me that there some issues with patch application. I'd
happy to help if someone explains to me what seems to be the problem. Are the
issues arising because the patch has conflicts? Cause it might be a bit
difficult to resolve such conflicts: using git or svn merge is usually a way
more friendly. But the hurdle can be overcome using IDEA or similar systems.

One of the recipes for troubles is when patch is generated and then applied
with different prefix depth. E.g. git diff usually does something like
        a/file
        b/file
When such patch is applied from the top-level directory of the project one
needs to specify '-p1' option for patch commands. However if you are using 'git
format-patch' for patch creation then simple 'git am' should be sufficient
assuming the patch doesn't have any conflicts.

I don't believe patch size might be an issue, but would love to be pointed out
to the next trouble shall it happens.

-- 
Take care,
  Cos


Mime
View raw message