ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Coding Guidelines: zookeeper IP finder and mqtt streamer
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:51:16 GMT
On 29.09.2015 00:41, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Hmm...
>
> Negligence, n. : the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
> syn : omission, oversight

"Negligence" usually means continued and repeated (non-)action. In that
respect it's an extremely negative label to use; you're effectively
accusing someone of being an incompetent lazy b**rd.

The "synonyms" are not synonymous because both "omission" and
"oversight" imply a on-time event.

-- Brane

> Doesn't sound catastrophic in my vocabulary, really. Does this
>> case of negligence and needs to be addressed accordingly.
> translate to "should face a firing squad without a trial of his peers"?
> Have I anywhere pointed a finger at you or anyone else? Or attacked someone? Why are
you all upset and defensive about it?