ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Questions about TeamCity CI organization
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 12:05:15 GMT
Hi Raul,

1. Yes, this is correct separation. If you are working on some new feature
usually in development process you want to run only your build, may be 2,
but not all tests. And only when a feature is close to complete you want to
run all tests.

2. There are at least 2 goals:
- Don't run all tests in process of development - see point 1
- the test execution can be distributed across many nodes

3. I don't see any issue here. At first, we use a standard maven test
procedure. At second, a test execution for some tasks (cache for example)
takes 30-60 minutes, maven build takes 2 minutes (from 30-60 min).
And yes, there're lots of problems which will need to solve to escape a
rebuilding a project each time but it will not give any speed up.

4. Spark, Kafka, Mesos - new modules. Tests for the modules were not added
by mistake. I think a person who commit new module should add a
corresponding test plan to TC.
I don't see tests into 'rest-http' module. As I understand this
functionality covered by tests in another modules.

Do you have some proposals about CI organization? I think there is no needs
to change something.

Thanks,
-- Artem --