ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Jira Process Change
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 10:23:05 GMT
Guys,

Our current Jira process involves going through potentially 100s of tickets
and moving them from one release to another. On top of being time
consuming, it just seems plain redundant.

I think a much better approach would be for the committers and contributors
to keep the tickets assigned to themselves between releases, and whenever
they feel that the feature will make a certain release, set the
“fixVersion” in the ticket.

The above process would work for the majority of bug fixes. Of course we
would still separately monitor tickets associated with main release
features and schedule them properly on the Release Plan [1] page.

Comments?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Release+Plan

--Yakov