ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Vinogradov <avinogra...@gridgain.com>
Subject IGNITE-1071 IgniteCache.metrics() method returns local metrics
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:26:07 GMT
Hello,

I'd like to discuss
IGNITE-1071 IgniteCache.metrics() method returns local metrics
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1071>

I agree to make IgniteCache.metrics() global but want to keep MBeans local.

According to specification:
An MBean can represent a device, an application, or any resource that needs
to be managed.
So, I think it's a good point that MBean represents node instead of cluster.

I case we will make MBeans global (representing whole cluster) we have no
chances to see metrics of specific node which can be interesting for some
reasons.
For example - per node cachePuts metric can show is there any problems with
affinity function or hashCode collisions.

Val, Semen, could you please explain reasons of MBeans refactoring?
We will loose api to gain per node metrics in this case.

Thoughts?